Monday, June 23, 2008

featured song: Im Yours by Jason Mraz



Jason Mraz (born June 23, 1977) is an American singer, born and raised in Mechanicsville, Virginia. Though he did not pick up the guitar until the age of 18, his musical appetite was strong. After a brief stint studying musical theater in New York, he moved to San Diego. There he became a hit on the Southern California club scene, playing with percussionist Toca Rivera. He now resides in Los Angeles. His clear, strong tenor voice and easygoing, optimistic lyrics gained critical and popular acclaim in 2003 when his first single, "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)" began getting regular play on radio, MTV and VH1, boosting the sales of his debut release, Waiting for My Rocket to Come. Since then, Mraz has played with the likes of Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, Paula Cole, and Jewel.


"Jason Mraz and his song Im Yours is the featured song of the week, enjoy the song and sing with me as always. "



IM YOURS

well you done done me and you bet i
felt it
i tried to get you but you're so hot
that i melted
i fell right through the cracks
and i'm trying to get back
before the cool done run out
i'll be giving it my bestest
nothin's going to stop me but devine intervention
i reckon its again my turn to win some or learn some

i won't hesitate no more no more it cannot wait, i'm yours
well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you're free
look into your heart and you'll find love love love
listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me
ah la peaceful melody
its your god
forsaken right to be loved
love loved love love

so i won't hesitate no more
no more it cannot wait i'm sure
theres no need to complicate
our time is short
this is our fate, i'm yours

i been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
and bendin over backwards just to try to see it clearer
my breath fogged up the glass
so i drew a new face and laughed
i guess what i'm sayin is there ain't no better reason
to rid yourself of vanity and just go with the season
sits what we aim to do
our name is our virtue

i won't hesitate no more
no more it cannot wait i'm sure
theres no need to complicate
our time is short
it cannot wait, i'm yours

4 comments:

MakMak said...

Love, love, love this song. ^^,

I don't know why but it reminds me of Drew Barrymore. Lol.

vErAdiK said...

@ makmak

lolz, baka it reminds of u ur EX... lolz

thnx for droppingby! :)

Neri said...

i really love this song, too. alam ko ibig sabihin ni makmak, kasi katunog nya ung ending song ng 50 first dates. :)

vErAdiK said...

@ner

hey salamat sa pag daan NER!

hmm, ano kaya ibig sabihin ni makmak, hmmm

thnx u like my featured song!